Advanced R Training
About the training
Tableau is a modern Business Intelligence tool enabling the creation of reports and visualization of data from multiple sources. It allows you to create beautiful and informative dashboards that help you understand your data and speeds up the decision-making process. Tableau environment is easy to learn and it is easy to implement in your company. Thanks to the technology of combining data from multiple sources it is possible to analyze large data sets in a very short time. Automation of reports has never been so fast. With its intuitive interface, Tableau is the ideal tool for ad hoc analyses and reports.
During “Advanced Tableau” training course you will learn more advanced aspects of Tableau reporting. Through many examples and exercises, we will show you how to visualize data properly and create complex dashboards.
Who is this training for?
This training is aimed at professionals working with large amounts of data, analyzing it, visualizing, and creating reports. If you want to expand your knowledge on Business Intelligence methods and learn more advanced techniques in Tableau, this training is right for you!
Before every training, we survey the participants to better understand their needs and current skills. Based on that knowledge we are able to tailor the training to your needs, so that it is useful in your everyday work with Tableau.
What will I learn?
After completing the training, you will be able to:
- Create advanced charts and visualizations – Tableau is a great tool for creating charts and visualizations, even very complex ones. You will learn how to create them quickly and correctly.
- Process data and perform complex calculations– Tableau is great for working with data, and allows you to do complex calculations.
- Use statistical functions– There is a wide range of statistical functions available in Tableau. We will show you how to use those most useful in your daily work.
- Use parameters to control charts– Charts in Tableau are highly customizable. You will learn how to create dynamic charts that will help explore your data.
- Create advanced maps and apply data to jpg images – Interesting Tableau feature that allows you to create advanced map visualizations and plot your data on images.
- Create advanced dashboards with numerous interactions – dashboards speed up the decision making and make the everyday job easier. Everyone can benefit from having a dashboard customized to their needs from managers to technicians. You will learn how to create good dashboards where users have all information they need instantly and have the possibility to further explore the topic.
- Create visualization faster and more efficiently – We will show you some tips and tricks that will make your work in tableau even faster and more efficient.
- Overview of Business Intelligence tools
- Why use Tableau?
- Overview of Tableau products
- Filtering, Sorting, Grouping
- Advanced filtering options
- Creating groups and sets
- Loading and joining data
- Data types and roles
- Dimension vs measure
- Discrete and continuous fields
- Combining data tables – join
- Combining data from different sources – merge
- Extracting and refreshing data
- SQL queries
- Managing data, renaming, adding variables
- Large data sets vs efficiency
- Direct connections
- Arithmetic calculations
- Working with strings
- Operations on dates and time
- Array calculations
- Conditional and logical expressions
- Conditional filtering
- Array formulas
- Formula range and direction
- Complex calculations
- Standard deviation
- Indexes, shares
- Adding reference and trend lines
- Calculating descriptive measures
- Aggregation and disaggregation
- Geographic maps
- Creating maps basics
- Map options, geographic data
- Importing user geographic data
- Web Map Service
- Calculating distance
- Visualizing non-geographic data on images
- Types of parameters
- Parameters’ role in calculations
- Parameter interaction control
- Using parameters in titles and fields
- Advanced visualization Tips&Tricks
- Modifying shapes
- Gantt chart
- Heat Maps
- Pareto chart
- KPI chart
- Creating advanced dashboards
- Interactive dashboards
- Automating filters
- Cascading filters
- URL actions
- Tableau Server
- Publishing to server
- Accessing published visualizations